Those students who gain at least FOUR Merit Certificates. These are issued by the Year Adviser for sustained application / achievement. Each Merit Certificate is issued after an accumulation of FIVE Merit Stickers. (Merit Certificates are not restricted to a time period.) Other suitable justification as an All-Rounder at the discretion of the Head of Senior Section, Senior Welfare Coordinator, Year 9/10 Studies Coordinator or College Studies Coordinator may be considered, or receipt of an Endeavour Principal's Academic Award.
Senior School Award Scheme
It is important for students to receive public recognition for giving their best and achieving excellence. The Bronze Award, Silver Award, Gold Award, and Platinum Award are designed to recognise excellence in all round effort, interest and performance. The requirement for issue of a TCS Award is satisfactory completion of at least FIVE of the following criteria:
- Christian Service
- School Service
- Creative & Performing Ministries Activities
- Academic Excellence
- Involvement in School Life
- Exceptional Nomination
- Principal’s Commendation
Awards are presented at the Senior Thanksgiving Evening to all those students who have qualified for an award. A student obtaining the second such award would be eligible for a TCS Silver Award. A student obtaining three such awards would be eligible for a TCS Gold Award. A student obtaining four such awards would be eligible for a TCS Platinum Award. Students commencing Year 10 at TCS will automatically work towards the Silver Award, Year 11 the Gold Award and Year 12 the Platinum Award.
The student has satisfactorily participated in one of the following for at least three terms or the full duration of an event:
- Active involvement in their Local Church
- Leadership in ISCF
- Leadership in a Student Prayer Group
- Leadership in an In-school Outreach event
- Participation in Community Outreach events
The student has been active in one of the following for at least three terms or the duration of the activity:
- SRC Leader / Representative
- Year Level Social / Formal Committee
- Member of Sound Crew for Assembly, etc
- Leadership in Assemblies
- Or other suitable service at the discretion of the Head of Senior Section, Senior Welfare Coordinator or Senior Studies Coordinator.
The student has satisfactorily participated in one of the following for at least three terms OR two terms for Year 11 and 12 OR the full period of the activity:
- School Band or Worship Band
- School Musical/Dance / Drama Production
- School Choir
- Regional / ACT Music / Drama/Dance Production
- External Music / Drama Productions
- Eisteddfod major prize winner
The student has received:
- One Principal’s Award for Academic Excellence for ONE semester in the relevant year.
The student has participated satisfactorily in at least one ACT-level carnival OR three of the following:
- Zone Athletics Carnival
- Zone Swimming Carnival
- Zone Cross Country Carnival
- Zone/Regional / ACT Representative Team
- School Knockout Team
- Carnival officials / assistants for at least two carnivals
- Sport Organisers
The student has been involved in at least two of the following:
- Interschool Tournaments
- Public Speaking / Toastmasters
- SRC Committee member (at least 1 semester)
- TCS environmental project / Clean Up Australia
- Gain a Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Other suitable involvement at the discretion of the Head of Senior Section, Senior Welfare Coordinator, or Senior Studies Coordinator.
Convince your Year Adviser / Pastoral Care Teacher / Welfare Coordinator and another teacher that you have achieved a prominence in the wider community, which has reflected well on Trinity Christian School. (You will need written documentation of this as part of your evidence).
The student has been awarded a Principal’s Commendation.
All students of the school are issued with a Student Award Scheme Record Card. When they have qualified in a particular category their card will be stamped by the Head of Senior School, Senior Student Welfare Coordinator or Senior Studies Coordinator. It is solely the student’s responsibility to ensure the maintenance of their card. Lost cards will not be automatically replaced. All the Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Awards consist of a badge which may be worn in a subsequent year and a Certificate.