Find out More
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Be job ready with a nationally recognised qualification to add to your Year 12 education. This course is not just for people who want to work in childcare.
Information session at Trade Skills Centre:
Year 10 students attended a short session at the Trade Skills Centre as part of their course selection process. The session included:
- Information about what VET certificates and qualifications are available at TCS, how they work and what the benefits are.
- A fun, hands-on sample of the Certificate III, delivered by our Communities@Work partners.
- A presentation and Q&A session with three Year 12 students who are currently completing the Certificate III and are also in paid employment at the TCS Early Learning Centre.
- A presentation from a former student who was enrolled in the first intake of students for the Certificate III course.
Why it’s worthwhile considering this with your child.
In July, we surveyed all the students currently enrolled in the Certificate III and found that:
- 93% of the students would recommend it.
- Over 90% were not specifically planning a career in childcare, but rather in occupations such as teaching, community services work, nursing and medicine.
- 86% believe they get hands-on experience that will help in their careers.
- 71% feel it will help them get a job as soon as they finish school.
- You will experience a unique learning approach that differs from a traditional school environment and is comparable with other adult-education and training.
Trinity Christian School is currently the only school or college in Canberra where students can study this qualification onsite as part of their Year 12. Last year, Trinity opened a $1.15m purpose-built Trade Skills Centre that provides students with a new and unique learning environment.
Parents were asked to speak with their children about the information session and about whether a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, or one of the other VET certificates is the right option for them to complement their Tertiary or Accredited Year 12 packages.